Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How thick the veil for dust refusal.


When I gave Dustveil my first listen I was kind of confused. I didn't know exactly what to make of them or their sound. There are some 60's pop moments with fits of post-jazz arrangements. Sometimes they moved right into a dark indie/emo sound while still keeping the melodies and whatnots respectable to the rest of the jam.
Dustveil is out of The Russian Fed. and seem to be doing something right. Most of the other music I have heard from that region lately is sub-par or copycat of other mainstream American stuff. I was refreshed and surprised by this find. I hear a little bit of Slint, LCD Soundsystem et al.

The album worth a listenin' to is Sentimental Lies.

Click the pic to the right to go to their MySpace page and the pic @ top left to go to "their" site. You may want to take advantage of Google Translator if you want to try and traverse that site 'cause it's in Russian.

No comments:

Post a Comment