Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chutzpah. That's what deez boys have got.




I came across a punk band randomly one day called Dustin's Bar Mitzvah and I absolutely loved them. They were really hard to place in time. I couldn't tell if they were from the '70s, '00s or what. They sounded like the Ramones or The Killers from song to song. They have now since gone on to do other projects. Three of the guys from Dustin's Bar Mitzvah started The Von Erich Family named after the famous pro-wrestling family. I only found three songs as this incarnation. I think it was short lived because when I tried to go to their MySpace page I found they were called The Beetles now. The Google search for them was hell because a lot of people spell The Beatles wrong. Numbskulls. I listened to The Von Erich Family stuff and it sounded like they went pop punky for a minute and then The Beetles comes back to their real punk sound and I was very happy about that. It's great to find punk bands that are actually from England and not some popular band that tries to sound like they are from England in their vocals. (I won't name names here, Billie Joe! Ahem!)











I suggest getting the release of singles mainly released in Japan if you can get your hands on it. It is called Dial "M" For Mitzvah. It was my jam when I was closing The Filcks kitchen in Boise. Great stuff.





<--This is a drawing of the band as the von Erich family of wrestlers. Funny guys.




The Beetles on MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment