Sunday, January 25, 2009

Say Yea!


Yeasayer are four guys based in Brooklyn that describe themselves as "middle eastern-psych-snap-gospel". Their 2007 album and only record that I can find is entitled All Hour Cymbals. I feel like their description does the sound justice. It does have a lot of middle eastern qualities yet blends with their vision of indie music. Very smooth recording value for being their first album. The song 2080 has a great chanting bridge that says: Yeah Yeah we can all grab at the chance and be handsome farmers/Yeah you can have twenty one sons and be blood when they marry my daughters/And the pain that we left at the station will stay in a jar behind us/We can pickle the pain into blue ribbon winners at county contests.


Fantastic. Great album. Give it a listen. Click the album cover to go to their website. Go to their label site here. We Are Free Records.

They cut off the last half of this picture for their album cover. Probably to make it marketable but I found this on their website. I think it's artistic splendor should not have to be censored so I am posting the whole thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment